Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Uncertainty

I don't know what you are meaning when you shy away. I can't tell if you're avoiding me, motivated by discomfort that is fond or of shame.
I assumed for a moment that I've no clue, and I shouldn't stick a label on you.
But a while later I grew impatient and let my insecurity get the better of me.
So inside I was tangled up and hurt, thinking of all the worst-
 that you cared so little of me that you'd decided to treat me like dirt.
 But I couldn't kick you out the box, out the center focus of my mind-
 I couldn't walk away for my own sake.
The question kept spinning and screaming inside:
 "How could a person be such a way, and you, out of all that I know?," because I hated to doubt you so.
And now, I'm back to square one, reminding myself not to jump so soon. Not to fall so fast.
I can fall into his smile or fall on my own face feeling a cold bitter trace, but no, don't let yourself fall.
Stand your ground, and don't assume what you don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment